Summary of Position
Reporting to the Senior Director, Enterprise Technology Services the IT Manager maintains information technology strategies by managing staff; researching and implementing technological strategic solutions.
- Hire and manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, operate, and administer computer and telecommunications software, and networks.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating systems.
- Provide training and mentorship to the IT team, enabling career growth and increased job satisfaction.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Fast paced environment
- Bi-weekly travel
Computer Skills and Software Used
- Active Directory Management
- IP v4/v6 Networking
- Office 365, and Microsoft Server applications (SharePoint, Exchange, etc.)
- Is able to explain at length why Vi is better than Emacs, nano, or other products.
Education and Training
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a computer field
- Five or more years of IT work experience
Skills and Aptitudes
- Strong coaching and leadership skills
- Technical Management
- Technical Understanding
- Analytical & Problem Solving
- Data Center Management
- Developing Budgets
- Strategic Planning
- Quality Management