TECHNICAL SUPPORT ESCALATION
Experience a wealth of opportunities by joining a dynamic team that's vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape. At Distributel, we have competitive salaries & benefits, a great work environment with organized social events, opportunities for growth & advancement, a great location downtown and amazing people. Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
The Technical Support Escalation Specialists are responsible for handling tickets marked for escalation to our Carriers and Network Operations Center as well as ensuring their accuracy. They are expected to work cohesively with all other departments of the call centers and provide excellent customer service.
- Open, update, examine and close various types of tickets and follow-up with customers in order to resolve technical issues reported by Technical Support Representatives;
- Act as a reference for all technical questions from agents or other departments in the absence of Supervisors;
- Submit feedback to management regarding the policies and procedures in place based on their daily observations;
- Verify with the Technical support Supervisors the accuracy and relevance of all documentation concerning ticket escalation;
- Coordinate with other departments and/or carriers when required by the procedure;
- Correct reported mistakes by contracting customers in order to ensure a good resolution of the issue and a good customer service;
- Answer calls escalated by Technical Support Representatives to ensure the troubleshooting templates have been completed and evaluate the need for additional troubleshooting before the escalation to Network Engineers.
- Answer Technical Support Representative’s questions whenever Supervisors are unavailable;
- Recording/posting outage notifications when Supervisors are unavailable;
- Other tasks as assigned by Management.
Minimal Education and Experience Required to Occupy the Position
- High School Diploma;
- Postsecondary studies in a field related to information technology, telecommunications or relevant experience in a related field of work;
- At least six (6) months experience in a Technical Support agent role.
Computer Skills and Software Used
- Skills: Knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 and MacOSX);
- Software: Internet Browsers, Microsoft Products, Email clients, Proprietary Software (DAS, DistributelTools, VTT, Xrecords and other internal tools).
Specific skills and Aptitudes
- Knowledge of LAN networking basics, Email Servers, Fax, Cable modems, ADSL/VDSL modems, VoIP gateways, Routers, Hubs/Switches, DHCP, PPPoE, NAT, TCP/IP (IPV4/IPV6) and Firewalls;
- Good listening and communication skills;
- Continuous multi-tasking;
- Handling of various customer types.