Senior Data Network Analyst
The Senior Data Network Analyst, as part of a team, will combine technical ability and strategic thinking to provide detail-oriented execution in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He/she will be responsible for providing critical support, and act as a technical subject matter expert within the Data Network Operation team to support the business.
They will also have responsibilities for capacity management, installation, maintenance, management and support of mission-critical network infrastructure. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Data Network and Data Center Operations, the Senior Data Analyst will regularly work with Network Engineering on network design/re-design, network installation and expansion, modify routing/switching equipment, provision network equipment and circuits between Distributel and vendors such as Bell and collocated customers along with performing testing and repair work as deemed necessary.
The Senior Data Network Analyst is responsible for both internal and public facing voice services as used by Distributel’s' entire client base and all subsequent sister companies such as ThinkTel and Yak.
The Senior Data Network Analyst is also responsible for
• Perform capacity management duties to ensure the business is meeting both the current and future capacity and performance needs. Possesses superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve network issues.
• Perform advanced troubleshooting of telecom hardware, software, carrier related issues as well as analyze and evaluate issues that result in any disruption, threatening condition or quality issues across Distributel’s nationwide telecom infrastructure
• Provide Service Operations Support for incidents data network related services and resolve issues related to Distributel’s customer issues reported and escalated issues by working on resolving tickets in accordance with departmental SLAs
• Ability to develop, recommend and gain support for improvements/reconfigurations in line with technical standards to maintain the highest level of Operational efficiency and meet the technical requirements for the successful continuous delivery of Distributel’s product offerings, as well as producing and maintaining technical documentation and diagrams
• Work with internal operational staff to deploy new systems and services. In tandem, work on the commissioning and decommissioning of telecom circuits as business requires.
• Perform support activities required to maintain the department’s operational objectives. In addition to participating in rotational on-call within data operations, the individual would also perform activities such as identifying opportunities to cleanup legacy configuration, ensuring diagrams are up to date, review MOPs by other team members and provide feedback/recommendations
• Coordinate/collaborate activities with other departments to resolve customer or network issues (ex. Technical Support, IP Admin, Engineering teams, Voice / Systems Groups/NOC)
• Manage complex and multiple projects requiring strong analytical skills. Thoroughly analyze technical problems and implement solutions by developing detailed work plans, scheduling resources, gaining approvals, and monitoring progress to meet required standards of the network department and business unit goals.
• Escalate/engage with relevant, internal or external department leads, vendor or upstream providers to ensure that escalated issues are being followed up on in a timely manner
• Perform a technical consultant and co-ordination role for projects as required and actively be involved in the research, design, planning, development and/or evaluation of new/existing network technologies to support customer and business objectives.
• Resolving issues in a timely manner especially where SLA applies and demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency. Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
• Identify and pursue opportunities to enhance expertise and knowledge. Identify and address areas for personal development to provide a high level of management, technical advice and guidance. Provides technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all network staff.
• Special Assignments:
• Provide KPI/Performance metrics and reports weekly/monthly as defined by Management
• Project lead work involving Network Engineering, Implementation Coordinators, Systems Team
• Problem Management lead assigned to work on and determine root cause
• On-call availability as required
Minimal Education and Experience Required to Occupy the Job
Education: Bachelor degree or diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, Networking Technology, IT or a related field
Experience: Require 5-10 years’ industry experience
Computer Skills and Software Used
Specific Skills and Aptitudes