Director, Product Management
We seek people who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic and ambitious, team players, and high performers. We want you to join us in the special and rewarding work we are so fortunate to be a part of everyday - join Distributel and be inspired!
We are looking for an energetic Director of Product Management to join the growing marketing team at Distributel. We are building a fun and high performing marketing organization to unlock the potential and support the growth of a leading independent telecommunications company. The marketing team members we hire help set the direction for the organization and build a vibrant culture. If you have a passion for marketing, the talent to do world-class work, and the energy to be part of a fast-moving team that has enormous opportunity to drive results, we would love to talk with you.
This role will drive marketing strategy, positioning and messaging for the entire portfolio of the company’s services offerings. Working with senior leaders, product managers, marketing communications, innovation and business development, the ideal candidate would have significant experience leading product marketing in a telecommunications (preferred), software and/or services company.
• Be the true Product Champion, collaborating across the company in defining and delivering the desired customer experience.
• Develop and implement strategic product marketing and launch plans to drive the activities of the Product Managers in execution of the product strategy.
• Assume full responsibility for product P&L’s, including all pricing and promotional initiatives to hit revenue and profit targets
• Institutionalize reporting, KPI development and product performance across the entire Residential and Business Services portfolio
• Identify existing market demand and explore and develop new way to create demand through sales lead generation.
• Work closely with Marketing Communications to effectively promote and position all of the company’s products within targeted customer segments and specialties.
• Deliver content for the creation of all marketing collateral including a wide range of internal and external content such as product data sheets, manuals, sales scripts and FAQs.
• Provide competitive briefings, tracking, market trends and monitoring reports.
• Create and maintain all product-related content for the company website.
• Develop unique selling propositions, points of differentiation and product naming conventions
• Understanding of the latest digital tools and strategies that generate product interest from consumers.
• Drive acquisition of competitor product knowledge and effectively communicate through our sales force a thorough understanding of how to position against competitors.
• Work with sales to ensure consistent product positioning and serve as primary contact for sales management
• Evaluate current strategic positioning and investigate options for new opportunities that are aligned with overall company objectives.
• Apply market research and recommend strategies to penetrate high potential markets.
• Challenge current assumptions and identify value added strategies going forward.
• Direct the product management team to develop and manage content and collateral including sales tools, presentations, collateral material and competitive write-ups
• Develop and manage expense budgets and business plans, as well as, provide accurate forecasts and budgets.
• Lead Product Management team to provide direction for sales training.
• Coach, mentor and manage the professional development needs of the product management team.
• Occasional travel required (Ottawa, Toronto, Edmonton).
Computer Skills and Software Used
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Outlook, Powerpoint, Word with advanced Excel skills
Education and Training
• University degree or equivalent experience with at least 10-12 years of experience in product marketing
• Familiar with a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Experience preparing and communicating marketing plans to senior management teams; you can confidently communicate the business value of your marketing plans and how they will be measured
Skills and Aptitudes
• Bilingual French/English a strong asset
• Effective leadership capabilities which help establish product marketing as a valued resource within the organization.
• Proven experience managing, developing and leading teams.
• Passionate and committed to operational excellence and employee engagement.
• Demonstrates good judgment.
• Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills including the ability to effectively convey information to a wide variety of internal and external audiences.
• Professional demeanor with actions performed at the highest level of honesty and integrity.
• Able to perform job functions within a group setting or as an individual contributor.
• Leads and directs the work of others.
• Has influence over team members; reviews and evaluates results.
• Act as a change agent as needed to continually strive for excellence as compared to peers within the industry.
Sphere of Influence:
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Interacts with all levels of the company, partners and customers both internal and external.
• Establish effective relationships and credibility with Information System, Network, Operations and Engineering groups