Network Operations Center (NOC)Analyst
Bilingualism an Asset*
Reporting to the Manager of Network Operations Center, the Network Operations Center Specialist will provide first-line network, systems and security surveillance as well as incident management support for the Network Operation Center (NOC). This role also includes responding to all fraudulent activity within the network, 911 alert notifications and 911 call handling and reporting.
• Provides surveillance of network using all applicable NOC Network and Systems Management Tools
• Provides security surveillance using all applicable monitoring equipment and tools.
• Provides 911 call and alert notification support using all applicable tools.
• Troubleshoot, evaluate, track, and manage network problems and recommend the best solutions while escalating to appropriate Support teams according to NOC procedures.
• Facilitate and coordinate the flow of communications between the NOC and internal Distributel/Thinktel groups, as well as external vendors and third party ISP partners
• Provide timely Internal/External notices in accordance to incident handling procedures for network events having service impacts
• Troubleshoot all Fraud Alert notifications using all applicable applications and tools.
• Work independently with limited supervision while providing clear, documented activities to include customer or technical issues
• Provide support to Change Management and BTS after hours
• Perform handover functions to incoming shift team members/management.
• Responsible for following, supporting, and enforcing all internal control processes and procedures
• Driving service issues to resolution through engagement and escalations within internal and external departments and/or third party carriers
• Aware of all ongoing service issues with regular follow up
• Act as the SPOC for Incidents and when required set up and pull appropriate support teams onto single conference to align restoration efforts
• Triage of alerts and reported service issues to Operations. Perform basic troubleshooting and take corrective actions where capable
• Provide support to Security and Facilities (track and manage access)
• Ensuring Service Incident tickets are logged/updated/tracked/reported
• Completion of daily/weekly/monthly reports as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
• Fast paced and ever-changing environment
• Work under pressure
• Sit for extended periods of time
• Must be able to work in a 365 day operation with non-standard work shifts 7x24
Computer Skills and Software Used
• Basic level ability with Microsoft Word and Outlook
• Various Network monitoring and management tools
Education and Training
• High School diploma required;
• Advanced technical degrees preferred
• Previous Network/NOC experience preferred.
Skills and Aptitudes
• Must have strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Must have strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of Telephony and IP systems based on various transport protocols, copper, fiber, TDM, SONET, Metro Ethernet and Wireless.
• Basic understanding of LAN/WAN networks & protocols
• Basic understanding of Systems (Unix/Microsoft & Storage)
• Working knowledge of OSI model
• Basic network troubleshooting skills
• Applicant must have effective oral and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to organize and prioritize work.