Technical Support Representative
Summary of Position
The Technical Support Specialist are responsible for handling incoming calls to the Technical Support department and resolving basic physical setup and configuration issues customers may have in regards to our services. They are expected to work cohesively with all other departments of the call centers and provide excellent customer service.
• Carefully listen to the customer’s explanation regarding their technical issues(s) in order to understand the nature of the problem;
• Guide the customer through the necessary troubleshooting steps, following predefined ticket models;
• Complete technical account modifications pertaining to the services in the administrative system when requested by customers without affecting the billing by following the established procedures;
• Report the customer’s account and/or ticket to the Technical Support Escalations Specialists in order to have them resolve the customer’s issue by following the established procedure for each ticket model when required;
• Coordinate with other departments and/or carriers when required by the procedure;
• Correct reported mistakes by contacting customers in order to ensure a good resolution of the issue and a good customer service.
• Update escalated tickets when required by a Supervisor;
• Call back customers upon request by a Supervisor;
• Other tasks as assigned by Management.
Minimal Education and Experience Required to Occupy the Position
• Education: High School Diploma;
• Experience: Customer service experience.
Computer Skills and Software Used
• Skills: Knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 and MacOSX);
• Software: Internet Browsers, Microsoft Products, Email clients, Proprietary Software (DAS, DistributelTools, VTT, Xrecords and other internal tools).
Specific skills and Aptitudes
• Knowledge of LAN networking basics, Email Servers, Fax, Cable modems, ADSL/VDSL modems, VoIP gateways, Routers, Hubs/Switches, DHCP, PPPoE, NAT, TCP/IP (IPV4/IPV6) and Firewalls;
• Good listening and communication skills;
• Continuous multi-tasking;
• Handling of various customer types.