As a Compensation Specialist, you will be responsible for providing excellent compensation and rewards services to attract, select, and retain top talent within Distributel. You will be responsible for supporting the alignment of compensation programs that meet business objectives, support organizational talent strategies with the attraction and retention of team members.
The Compensation Specialist will aspire to the deliver flawless implementation, administration and measurement of Total Compensation services. Accomplishing this includes coaching and supporting program participants, building internal-client relationships, and the management of new employee compensation programs.
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, the core functions and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Provide consultation, guidance, and support to HR colleagues and key internal stakeholders on compensation-related issues, such as market analysis, databases, and developing written/oral compensation communications;
• Manage and communicate the processes associated with the Total Compensation programs including: base pay, incentives, and other rewards while ensuring they are efficient and accurate.
• Regularly analyze market competitiveness and cost-effectiveness of the compensation and benefits plans to ensure the competitiveness, fairness and compliance of Total Compensation designs, policies and practices in order to attract, engage and retain top talent.
• Manage and implement the annual pay review process accurately and effectively;
• Ensure compensation support is provided in terms of job evaluation, incentives, and salary recommendations for recruitment and off-cycle salary increase requests;
• Produce and maintain total Compensation statements for all staff
• Identify key metrics related to compensation and establish process for tracking and regular reporting of same metrics.
• Oversee and audit the ongoing execution of compensation and rewards focused initiatives according to company policies and statutory compliance.
Reward and Recognition:
• Support the calculation and implementation of incentive and bonus programs;
• Develop and report on appropriate recognition and reward metrics and KPI’s to signal impact of reward interventions and effect on business growth and costs;
• Proactively seek new ways to effectively reward and recognise employees through the participation in building sound business cases and analyses;
• Conduct an Employment Systems Review to ensure continued compliance with federal requirements
• Manage the WEIMS and produce all necessary reporting within required timeframes
• Create an EE (Employment Equity) plan and promote an EE program while ensuring its impact does not affect business needs
Computer Skills and Software Used:
• Microsoft Office- excellent Excel skills
• Various online tools
Education and Training:
• Bachelor degree in a related field and/or 5 years plus of experience in related field;
• 5-7 years of data analytics experience within a human resources environment; at least two (2) years of which must have been in HR roles within a transitioning organizational environment;
• Financial background considered an asset
HR and Compensation related certifications considered an asset.
Skills and Aptitudes
• Very strong ability to manipulate data in spreadsheets (preferably with Microsoft Excel);
• Analytical thinking allowing you to find patterns and opportunity to overcome obstacles and determine opportunities is required;
• Experience and strong proficiency in delivering excellent quality and service;
• Experience developing positive rapport with managers and employees;
• Understanding of various compensation related metrics and reporting;
• Action oriented and results-driven;
• Must be a team player who values accountability, quality, and has a strong sense of urgency;
• Ability to implement effective compensation strategies across a business line and for multiple functions;
• Superior written and verbal communication skills is required;
• Flexibility to quickly adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.