Manager, Network Operations Center
We seek people who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic, ambitious, team players and high performers. We want you to join us in the special and rewarding work we are so fortunate to be a part of everyday - join Distributel and be inspired!
We are looking for an energetic Network Operations Center Manager to join the growing service operations team at Distributel. We are building a fun and high performing organization to unlock the potential and support the growth of a leading independent telecommunications company. If you have a passion for working with and managing teams, an eye for system operations and security, the talent to do excellent work, and the energy to be part of a fast-moving team that has enormous opportunity to drive results, we would love to talk with you.
- Responsible for the daily monitoring/performance and availability of Distributel’s Network.
- Establish and maintain operating procedures and best practices
- Ensure that employee maintain an acceptable level of quality and standards
- Provide leadership to team members; facilitate career development and high levels of engagement through goal setting and timely performance feedback.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to create product and employee metrics, identify KPI’s, and SLA adherence. Create and review daily, weekly, and monthly reports to evaluate and determine performance opportunities.
- Experience providing technical leadership to guide, motivate, and inspire others in a rapidly growing IT environment.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and interpersonal management skills including the ability to foster a positive and productive work environment within a dynamic fast-paced industry.
- High level of motivation, assertiveness and adaptability to change with the enthusiasm to grow with the demands of the position.
- Respond to cross department inquiries and calls after-hours, regarding initial or ongoing technical support issues.
- Excellent customer service skills with demonstrated ability to deal with challenging customer situations.
- Manage the budgeting and related analyses of business and process requirements.
- Other duties as requested by management.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience managing teams responsible for the operations of a mission critical environment
- Experience providing oversight for incident, problem and change management
- Experience supervising personnel across multiple shifts to include overnight and weekend coverage
- Experience in selecting, implementing, operating monitoring tools, systems and processes
- Previous NOC experience would be a strong asset
- ITIL familiarity or Certification recommended
Skills and Aptitudes
- CCNA, JNCIA or other industry standard certification would be a plus
- Experience with implementing, configuring and troubleshooting switches, routers and other Operational systems
- Familiar with network protocols for LAN/WAN connectivity
- General understanding of call routing concepts as they pertain to voice (VoIP, TDM, PBX technologies)
- General understanding of Network Security, DNS, Firewalls, Load balancers
- Good documentation skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead a team, remain calm, drive outcomes while being professional with internal and external resources
- Effective communication (verbal and written), ability to articulate technology to non-technical individual
- Ability to handle multiple complex task, with tight deadlines concurrently. Able to prioritize and effectively manage expectations
- Effective data mining and report generating capabilities
- Ability to implement and ensure adherence to policies, procedures and standards relating to Operations Management