Change Coordinator, Network Operations
We seek people who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic, ambitious, team players and high performers. We want you to join us in the special and rewarding work we are so fortunate to be a part of everyday - join Distributel and be inspired!
Reporting to the Manager, Network Operations Centre (NOC), the successful Change Coordinator will play a key role in the planning, co-ordination, and communication of all Service and Maintenance Release activities using ITIL standards and methodologies. The Change Coordinator will support all Maintenance and Service Release activities at the Organizational level.
- Manage all aspects of Change Management as a critical function of Service Availability
- Consult and guide Operational teams on the requirements for a successful Service Release
- Define, measure and report on success metrics for all Change Management activities
- Act as the Change Management SME for the department and other organizational teams
- Assess the impact of the Service Release along with Change Owners and co-ordinate the communication to relative stakeholders
- Identify and investigate deviations in adherence from the change standards and implement strategies along with Management team for corrective action(s)
- Update and maintain training material, systems documentation and policy and procedures manuals.
- Work directly with departmental heads to educate on Change Management Process and ensure any changes to policy are clearly communicated
- Actively review and evaluate the Change Management Process and make changes as necessary
- Owner of Third party release scheduling and validation within internal Operational teams to determine service impact and scheduling
- Overall Governance of Change Management Policy. Track/Manage/Report on defined KPI’s
- Ensure internal/external communications are provided with proper notice and details
- Responsible to prime weekly Change Management Review/CAB meeting with internal stakeholders
- Play a key role in the planning, co-ordination, and communication of all Service and Maintenance Release activities using ITIL standards and methodologies
- Operator/administrator for Service Operations Ticketing/tracking systems for Change Management, Incident Management, Project Management, Order Management/Service Request
- Build/Administer/maintain Service Operations departmental reports as requested
- Administer monitoring and management tools (i.e.: Nagios, Cacti, Solarwinds)
- Work with Operational teams to develop new tools or procedures that will support the growing needs of the department/organization
- Other duties as assigned or as the department/corporate business needs evolve
Special tasks or assignments will be assigned as identified and required
Education, Training and Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting/leading technical teams responsible for the operations of mission-critical environments required.
- 3-5 years’ experience providing oversight for incident, problem, and change management tools and processes required.
- 3-5 years Telecom industry experience
- ITIL familiarity or certification would be considered an asset
- Fast paced and ever changing environment
- Work under pressure
Skills and Aptitudes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Business Suite
- CCNA, JNCIA or other industry standard certification would be a plus
- High level of motivation, assertiveness and adaptability to change with the demands of the position
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and proactively drive outcomes
- General understanding of IP/Voice networking
- Excellent documentation and excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Availability for after-hours escalations
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills and a demonstrated ability to articulate technology to non-technical induvidual.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently to support deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks, with tight deadlines concurrently.
- Ability to write and present materials effectively, including presentations, status reports, technical diagrams and flowcharts
- Ability to identify process challenges and adhere to policies, procedures and standards relating to Operations Management and champion process improvements