IT SUPPORT PARTNER
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Support Partner ensures an effective, reliable desktop experience for all corporate technology users in a primarily Microsoft environment. This position involves meeting the stringent SLA’s for onboarding, identity / access management and for assembling workstations or installing the required applications. This position is also key in providing security awareness, response and end user training. This role includes being part of a team environment and providing immediate support through our network technology, systems applications and telephone.
- Provide exemplary IT support to all corporate users;
- Provide individual or group tutorials related to onboarding, security, privacy, new equipment or changes in technology, applications or software;
- Maintain multiple aspects of the corporate network and desktop environment, including, but not limited to:
- Routine and emergency maintenance
- Performing upgrades, installations and patches with a focus on Windows Server 2008/2012/R2/16 and Windows 10.
- 1st level Security Alert response (e.g. Anti-Virus, server up time, unauthorized access)
- Support and install various proprietary applications as well as many Microsoft products and some open source software.
- Peripherals (Fax, printers, copier, scanners, modems, etc.)
- Adhere to adopted best practices, industry standards and maintain ACLs across the organization, including Active Directory (Hybrid).
- Follow proper termination protocols and enforcement of IT security and acceptable use policies when required.
- Ordering and organizing supplies; vendor management, inventory control.
- Onsite support to all other members of the IT team.
- Follow existing procedures, maintain, update and improve internal documentation.
- Maintain current and up-to-date knowledge of technologies, standards, and best practices;
- Other duties as business needs require.
- Lift up to 50pds of IT equipment
- Work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Travel to other cities may occasionally be required
- Participate in the on on-call schedule.
Computer Skills and Software Used
- Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows Server 08/10/R2;
- Microsoft Office Suite;
- Networking Knowledge (Ethernet, IP Networks, VPNs, routing theory, IP Addressing, LANs, Firewalls);
- System installation including OS, Applications and services
- Office 365 management
- PowerShell to manage AD and O365
- Internal software systems.
Education and Experience
- Technical Diploma or equivalent experience (1-2 years)
- Major in Computers, Electronics, Telecommunications, or related fields.
- A+ or similar certification an asset
Skills and Aptitudes
- Assembling and repair of computer hardware;
- Ability to learn and support corporate applications;
- Facilitate a "Service-oriented" environment while dealing with multiple users
- Maintaining a secure corporate IT desktop environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively;
- Ability to teach users new technology;
- Demonstrating mechanical aptitude;
- Excellent oral written communication and interpersonal skills.