IT ADMINISTRATOR (Linux & Security)
Reporting to the Manager IT Services, the IT Administrator (Linux & Security) is responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, security and availability of systems on the Corporate LAN. This administrator is highly skilled and competent in a Linux environment yet also extremely comfortable and able to support their colleagues within a primarily Windows domain. This role requires a highly capable security practitioner. This role will have a very significant focus on many aspects of physical and cyber security. The incumbent facilitates and fosters a great working relationship with the other internal technology teams to provide support as required. In a manner consistent with Distributel’s values, the team is highly motivated, fast paced, and strives to exceed the SLA.
- Serve as the primary IT resource for Linux system / server builds and maintenance.
- Serve as the primary IT resource for matters of security – that is prevent, monitor, detect and respond to security or privacy related incidents. This includes but not limited to participating in policy and procedure development, incident response, investigation, system maintenance, certificate authorities, anti-virus, mobile security, data loss prevention, encryption, email protection, card access & CCTV networks.
- Serve as a backup resource to the IT Administrator and Support team when required
- Perform scheduled support and after-hour maintenance activities (when required) such as patching / updating highly available mission critical systems and services for our data centers, network devices, server and storage systems (including but not limited to: Windows Servers, Active Directory, Clusters, SAN storage, WSUS, File and Print Servers, Exchange, VMWare, Hyper-V, IIS, SQL, Wi-Fi and cloud applications).
- In collaboration with various teams – plan, design, install, configure, test and troubleshoot multiple components of the IT infrastructure. Leverage Distributel’s existing resources to make recommendations that improve the efficiency of system administration with a goal toward meeting (or exceeding) our service level and high-availability expectations.
- Manage virtualized and cloud computer solutions such as (but not limited to) VMWare, Hyper-V, VEEAM, Azure, 0365 and Cerberus.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of designs, processes and procedures for all elements of the IT stack (deployment, setup, system configurations, architecture, networking, testing and backups).
- Monitor and provide periodic reporting on daily activities, system performance and hardware / software inventories necessary for resource and capacity planning.
Education and Experience
- Technical diploma
- 5 years of experience in an IT Systems Administrator role
Computer Skills and Software Used
- Windows Servers (2003/2008/2012)
- Linux OSes(Ubuntu/CentOS/RHEL)
- Networking (OSI, Ethernet, IP Networks, VPN/LAN/WAN etc.)
- Windows/Linux scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Python, Perl)
- Windows and Linux Mail servers Technologies (MS Exchange/Postfix)
- Juniper Cisco Networking equipment configuration
- Network Storage solutions and protocols(SAN/NAS/ISCSI)
- Windows/Linux Clustering
- Windows/Linux Webservers
- SharePoint Server
- MS SQL, MYSQL and PostgreSQL
- Skype for Business UC
- Azure environment
- On call hours 24/7 rotation
- Office environment
- Life up to 50lbs of IT equipment
- Travel between offices as required
- Work under pressure with tight deadlines
Skills and Aptitudes
- Programing Windows/Linux server scripts
- Oriented Object Programming knowledge
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to learn and support corporate applications;
- Facilitating a "Service-oriented" environment while dealing with multiple users
- Maintaining a secure corporate IT desktop environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively;
- Ability to teach users new technology;
- Demonstrating mechanical aptitude;
- Excellent oral written communication and interpersonal skills.
- CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate
- CCSA – Certified SonicWALL Security Administrator | Email Security
- CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker and Countermeasures
- CompTIA Security+ Certified
- ECSA – EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
- MCSA 2012 – Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- MCSA Security – Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator | Security
- MCSE Security – Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer | Security
- Microsoft Certified Specialist | Server Virtualization with Hyper-V and System Center
- Implementing Microsoft Azure Solutions (70-533)
- REDHAT Certified System Administrator in Open Stack (6.0)
- REDHAT Certified System Engineer (6.0)
- REDHAT Certified System Administrator (6.0)
- VMWare Certified Professional Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
- ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management