IT ADMINISTRATOR (Windows)
Reporting to the Manager IT Services, the IT Administrator (Windows) is responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, security and availability of systems on the Corporate LAN. This administrator is highly skilled and competent in a Hybrid Windows environment (AD, O365, AZURE, DNS, SCCM, WSUS, SCOM) yet also comfortable and able to support their colleagues within a Linux environment. The highly capable administrator in this role will have a very significant focus on the maintenance, patches & upgrades. The incumbent facilitates and fosters a great working relationship with the other internal technology teams to provide support as required. In a manner consistent with Distributel’s values, the team is highly motivated, fast paced, and strives to exceed the SLA.
- Perform scheduled support and after hour maintenance activities such as patching / updating highly available mission critical systems and services for our data centers, network devices, server and storage systems (including but not limited to: Windows Servers, Active Directory, Clusters, SAN storage, WSUS, File and Print Servers, Exchange, VMWare, Hyper-V, IIS, SQL, Wi-Fi and cloud applications).
- In collaboration with various teams; plan, design, install, configure, test and troubleshoot, multiple components of the IT infrastructure. Leverage Distributel’s existing resources to make recommendations that improve the efficiency of system administration with a goal toward meeting (or exceeding) our service level and high-availability expectations.
- Manage virtualized and cloud computer solutions such as (but not limited to) VMWare, Hyper-V, VEEAM, Azure, 0365 and Cerberus.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of designs, processes and procedures for all elements of the IT stack (deployment, setup, system configurations, architecture, networking, testing and backups).
- Monitor and provide periodic reporting on daily activities, system performance and hardware / software inventories necessary for resource and capacity planning.
- Monitor and respond to security or privacy related incidents. Recommend and implement best practices for privacy and security related processes including server & endpoint protection, firewalls, remote access, mobile devices, Wi-Fi, certificates, networking and applications.
- Remain highly engaged in all aspects of the day-to-day desktop & end-user support including, but not limited to the acquisition and set up of hardware, providing end user training as needed and ensuring the availability of VDI resources, Domain Controllers, Active Directory, 0365, DHCP, DNS and many other services.
Education and Experience
- Technical diploma
- 5 years of experience in an IT Systems Administrator role
Computer Skills and Software Used
- Windows Servers (2003/2008/2012)
- Linux OSes(Ubuntu/CentOS/RHEL)
- Networking (OSI, Ethernet, IP Networks, VPN/LAN/WAN etc.)
- Windows/Linux scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Python, Perl)
- Windows and Linux Mail servers Technologies (MS Exchange/Postfix)
- Juniper Cisco Networking equipment configuration
- Network Storage solutions and protocols(SAN/NAS/ISCSI)
- Windows/Linux Clustering
- Windows/Linux Webservers
- Cerberus and CRM
- SharePoint Server, MS SQL, MYSQL and PostgreSQL
- Skype for Business UC
- Azure environment
- On call hours 24/7 rotation in an office environment
- Life up to 50lbs of IT equipment
- Travel between offices as required
- Work under pressure with tight deadlines
Skills and Aptitudes
- Programing Windows/Linux server scripts
- Oriented Object Programming knowledge
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to learn and support corporate applications;
- Facilitating a "Service-oriented" environment while dealing with multiple users
- Maintaining a secure corporate IT desktop environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively;
- Ability to teach users new technology;
- Demonstrating mechanical aptitude;
- Excellent oral written communication and interpersonal skills.