Human Resources Director-
Being part of Distributel means that we don't just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We believe our people are our most important asset and that means we work with instead of just for Distributel. We live by our values and that means we play as a team. Whether working in our offices in Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa or Edmonton, we are the type of company that believes in giving it all in order to get it all.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your visions and dynamism to our growing family. As our Human Resources Director your role is fundamental to promoting Distributel's company’s culture, development, focus and recruitment activities. By providing strategic leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating the effectiveness of HR strategies, procedures and initiative our HR director will provide an employee oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes engagement, quality, and productivity, as well as the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The work you will be doing:
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to the organizations strategic thinking and direction; and establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment life cycle and experiences, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Manages human resources operations such as recruiting, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, and discipline; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff contributions; maintaining compensation and customer-service strategies; designing systems; leveraging resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops human resource operations financial strategies by forecasting, and planning requirements and future trends; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, provincial, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
Here are some of the skills, experience and aptitudes you'll bring to the role:
- Proven experience as HR Director
- Full understanding of the way an organization operates to meet its objectives
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices
- A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards
- Must be bilingual, verbal and written in English and French
- Work hard but know how to have fun!
Vice President Human resources
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 7-10 years Human Resources business partnership experience
- 3+ years’ experience in an HR leadership position
- CHRP/CHRL designation and/or MIR HR designation
A component of this opportunity is the flexibility of being based either based in Montreal, Ottawa or Toronto.
If this sounds exciting and you want to be part of a team that is proud and believes in giving their all, APPLY NOW!
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO. WE MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. WE DO WHAT IS RIGHT.WE CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO. WE PLAY AS A TEAM. WE HAVE RELENTLESS CURIOSITY. WE GIVE IT OUR ALL. WE GET IT ALL!