Compensation and Benefits Specialist- DISTRIBUTEL –
Flexibility to be based in Ottawa or Montreal
*Must be bilingual (French and English)
At Distributel, our mission is to make the use and enjoyment of telecom services (Specifically SIP Trunking and Skype for Business solutions) radically effortless. Every day we will strive to understand, respect and prioritize our customers’ needs. We will take pride in excellent service, business integrity, and innovation. By constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility and humanize the ways people do business with us, we will create a valuable experience in every way. If our mission interests you, we want to speak with you!
As our Compensation and Benefits Specialist, you will be responsible for providing excellent compensation and rewards services to attract, select, and retain top talent within Distributel. You will be responsible for supporting the alignment of total compensation programs that meet business objectives, support organizational talent strategies with the attraction and retention of team members.
The Compensation and Benefits Specialist will aspire to deliver flawless implementation, administration and measurement of Total Compensation services. Accomplishing this includes coaching and supporting program participants, building internal-client relationships, and the management of new employee compensation programs.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the core functions and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Represent the Compensation and Benefits functions on HR initiatives;
- Provide consultation, guidance, and support to HR colleagues and key internal stakeholders on compensation related issues, such as market analysis, databases, and developing written/oral compensation communications;
- Partner with HR colleagues to ensure that all roles within the recruitment process are appropriately benchmarked (internally and externally) and aligned to suitable reward packages;
- Partner with management to provide a flexible and effective approach to advise and coach managers through reward options and recommendations;
- Participate in the development and implementation of Total Compensation education programs;
- Manage and communicate the processes associated with the Total Compensation programs including: base pay, incentives, benefits’ plan and other rewards while ensuring they are efficient and accurate.
- Regularly analyze market competitiveness and cost-effectiveness of the compensation and benefits plans to ensure the competitiveness, fairness and compliance of Total Compensation designs, policies and practices in order to attract, engage and retain top talent;
- Collaboration with Talent Acquisition and Engagement Partners will be required;
- Manage and implement the annual pay review process accurately and effectively;
- Ensure compensation support is provided in terms of job evaluation, incentives, and salary recommendations for recruitment and off-cycle salary increase requests;
- Collaborate closely with HR Administrator and Payroll to ensure proper processing of compensation initiatives;
- Produce and maintain total Compensation statements for all staff;
- Identify key metrics related to compensation and establish process for tracking and regular reporting of same metrics;
- Oversee and audit the ongoing execution of compensation and rewards focused initiatives according to company policies and statutory compliance.
- Manage medical/long term disability leaves in conjunction with supervisors, payroll and HRBPs, LTD applications, return to work/accommodation management, etc.
Reward and Recognition:
- Partner with HR Colleagues and management to administer rewards and recognition initiatives;
- Support the calculation and implementation of incentive and bonus programs;
- Develop and report on appropriate recognition and reward metrics and KPI’s to signal impact of reward interventions and effect on business growth and costs;
- Proactively seek new ways to effectively reward and recognise employees through the participation in building sound business cases and analyses;
- Partner with HR and Finance colleagues to ensure that reward and recognition costs are appropriately identified and budgeted and forecasted within our annual commercial and financial budget processes.
- Conduct an Employment Systems Review to ensure continued compliance with federal requirements;
- Manage the WEIMS and produce all necessary reporting within required timeframes;
- Create an EE (Employment Equity) plan and promote an EE program while ensuring its impact does not affect business needs.
What Computer skills and Software knowledge do you need?
- Microsoft Office - strong knowledge of excel is required
- Various online tools
Your education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 5 years plus of experience in related field;
- 5-7 years of data analytics experience within a human resources environment; at least two (2) years of which must have been in HR roles within a transitioning organizational environment;
- Financial background considered an asset.
- HR and Compensation related certifications considered an asset.
We're looking for the following skills and aptitudes:
- Very strong ability to manipulate data in spreadsheets (preferably with Microsoft Excel);
- Analytical thinking allowing you to find patterns and opportunity to overcome obstacles and determine opportunities is required;
- Experience and strong proficiency in delivering excellent quality and service;
- Experience developing positive rapport with managers and employees;
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating skills as asset
- Understanding of various compensation related metrics and reporting;
- Must be able to plan and prioritize against multiple targets, tight timelines and leveraging metrics to show results;
- Action oriented and results-driven;
- Project management experience;
- Must be a team player who values accountability, quality, and has a strong sense of urgency;
- Ability to implement effective compensation strategies across a business line and for multiple functions;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills is required;
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
If this sounds exciting and you want to be part of a team that is proud and believes in giving their all, APPLY NOW!
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO. WE MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. WE DO WHAT IS RIGHT.WECHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO. WE PLAY AS A TEAM. WE HAVE RELENTLESS CURIOSITY. WE GIVE IT OUR ALL. WE GET IT ALL!