Senior Technical Trainer
* Flexible opportunity to be located in: Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary,Toronto
At Distributel, our Mission is to make the use and enjoyment of telecom services radically effortless. Every day, we will strive to understand, respect and prioritize our customers’ needs. We take pride in excellent service, business integrity, and innovation. By constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility and humanize the ways people do business with us, we will create a valuable experience in every way.
If our mission interests you, we want to speak with you!
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-started to join our services organization team to enhance and grow our professional service team. In this role our Senior Technical Trainer will be working with our Engineering and Microsoft MVP to build and design customer workshops and training programs to be delivered onsite or online. The audience for the workshop delivery can be from end users to administrators in the enterprise customer space. A successful candidate should be an experienced technical trainer, with experience building eLearning tools and ideally with hands on experience within the Microsoft Skype ecosystem.
You will need to be able to:
- Work closely with customers and Professional Service to analyses, determine and meet end user training requirements.
- Design and develop training curriculum and tools using traditional and multimedia tools and materials.
- Facilitate and lead training using a variety of delivery methods, including onsite workshops and online/virtual platforms
- Develop ongoing learning strategies for clients, to address training needs and ongoing product updates.
- Help develop client support best practices
- Working with external partners to bring efficient, best in class content and delivery
- Maintain records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness
- Maintain outstanding client relationship through timely and informative communication and follow-through
- On-boarding process and experience
- Provide coaching
- Plan and develop projects as the need arises
Your Education and Qualifications:
- College/University Degree in technical, technology program or equivalent education/work related experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in learning and development experience
- Facilitation Experience
- Solid background with Microsoft Office tools
- Knowledge of adult training principles and concepts, instructional methods and training techniques are an asset.
What computer skills and software knowledge are needed?
- Microsoft Products (Skype, Teams, Office)
- Various other software and web-based tools
- Windows operating system
Working conditions to expect:
- Some travel will be required
- Valid license
- Ability to work in Canada
We are looking for the following skills and aptitudes:
- Previous L&D experience, with ability and interest to take on all functional areas of L&D: needs analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation
- Experienced Instructional designer
- Knowledge of L&D Technology and industry best practices
- Strong planning, prioritization and time management skills are required
- Excellent verbal communication (both one-on-one and in groups) and written communication skills.
- Experience in conducting a classroom training for related technology products and services
- Experience in virtual learning sessions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to influence across a broader organization
- High attention to detail and task orientation with an ability to problem solve
- Executive presence and a demonstrated ability to work with all levels within an organization
- Technologically savvy
- Experience with Skype for Business
- Bilingual- French, English an asset
If this sounds exciting and you want to be part of a team that believes in giving their all, APPLY NOW!
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO. WE MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. WE DO WHAT IS RIGHT. WE CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO. WE PLAY AS A TEAM. WE HAVE RELENTLESS CURIOSITY. WE GIVE IT OUR ALL. WE GET IT ALL!