SENIOR DATA NETWORK ANALYST – TORONTO
At Distributel, our mission is to make the use and enjoyment of telecom services (Specifically SIP Trunking and Skype for Business solutions) radically effortless. Every day we will strive to understand, respect and prioritize our customers’ needs. We will take pride in excellent service, business integrity, and innovation. By constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility and humanize the ways people do business with us, we will create a valuable experience in every way. If our mission interests you, we want to speak with you!
If our mission interests you, we want to speak with you!
As the Senior Data Network Analyst, you’ll be a part of a team, where you will bring your combined technical ability and strategic thinking to provide detail-oriented execution in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You’ll be responsible for providing critical support, and act as a technical SME within the Data Network Operation team to support the business.
Our Senior Data Network Analyst will be responsible for both internal and public facing data related service as used by Distributel, it customers and all subsequent sister companies such as ThinkTel and Yak.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Perform capacity management duties to ensure the business is meeting both the current and future capacity and performance needs. Possesses superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve network issues.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of telecom hardware, software, carrier related issues as well as analyze and evaluate issues that result in any disruption, threatening condition or quality issues across Distributels’ nationwide telecom infrastructure
- Provide Service Operations Support for incidents data network related services and resolve issues related to Distributels’ customer issues reported and escalated issues by working on resolving tickets in accordance with departmental SLAs
- Ability to develop, recommend and gain support for improvements/reconfigurations in line with technical standards to maintain the highest level of Operational efficiency and meet the technical requirements for the successful continuous delivery of Distributel’s product offerings, as well as producing and maintaining technical documentation and diagrams
- Work with internal operational staff to deploy new systems and services. In tandem, work on the commissioning and decommissioning of telecom circuits as business requires.
- Perform support activities required to maintain the department’s operational objectives. In addition to participating in rotational on-call within data operations, the individual would also perform activities such as identifying opportunities to cleanup legacy configuration, ensuring diagrams are up to date, review MOPs by other team members and provide feedback/recommendations
- Coordinate/collaborate activities with other departments to resolve customer or network issues (ex. Technical Support, IP Admin, Engineering teams, Voice / Systems Groups/NOC)
- Manage complex and multiple projects requiring strong analytical skills. Thoroughly analyze technical problems and implement solutions by developing detailed work plans, scheduling resources, gaining approvals, and monitoring progress to meet required standards of the network department and business unit goals.
- Escalate/engage with relevant internal or external department leads, vendor or upstream providers to ensure that escalated issues are being followed up on in a timely manner
- Perform a technical consultant and co-ordination role for projects as required and actively be involved in the research, design, planning, development and/or evaluation of new/existing network technologies to support customer and business objectives.
- Resolving issues in a timely manner especially where SLA applies and demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency. Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to enhance expertise and knowledge. Identify and address areas for personal development to provide a high level of management, technical advice and guidance. Provides technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all network staff.
- Provide KPI/Performance metrics and reports weekly/monthly as defined by Management
- Project lead work involving Network Engineering, Implementation Coordinators, Systems Team
- Problem Management lead assigned to work on and determine root cause
- On-call availability required
Here’s what will make you successful in this role
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, Networking Technology, IT or a related field
- Experience: Require 5-10 years’ industry experience
- Juniper Certification (JNCIS, JNCIP or a combination of education and relevant experience)
- Cisco Certification would be considered an asset (CCNP R&S, CCNP DC, CCDP and CCIE)
- Advanced knowledge of large scale LAN/WAN technologies (switches, routers, firewalls) with specific knowledge on BGP, OSPF, and MPLS networking
- Deep understanding of network protocols, and their applications and characteristic behaviour with the ability to analyze and resolve production issues in a timely fashion, including the analysis of trace data and network flow
- Knowledge of network security technology including IPSEC, PPTP, SSL, NAT, VPN and firewalls
- Project management and follow-up documentation skills
- Superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve work issue
- Good communication both verbal and written with good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external customers and vendors
- The ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
Here’s what’s in it for you…
Experience a wealth of opportunities that only a growing company can offer by joining a dynamic team that’s vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape.
- We have insurance benefits
- A great work environment with organised social events
- Opportunities for growth & advancement
- A great downtown location and amazing people
Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
If this sounds exciting and you want to be part of a team that believes in giving their all, APPLY NOW!
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO. WE MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. WE DO WHAT IS RIGHT. WE CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO. WE PLAY AS A TEAM. WE HAVE RELENTLESS CURIOSITY. WE GIVE IT OUR ALL. WE GET IT ALL!