We seek people who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic and ambitious, team players, and high performers. We want you to join us in the special and rewarding work we are so fortunate to be a part of everyday - join Distributel and be inspired!
We are looking for an energetic Marketing Communications Manager to join the marketing team at Distributel. We are a strategic and high performing marketing organization driving and supporting the growth of a leading independent telecommunications company. The marketing team members we hire help set the direction for the organization and build a vibrant culture. If you have a passion for communications, the talent to do world-class work, and the energy to be part of a fast-moving team that has enormous opportunity to drive results, we would love to talk with you.
This role will drive the communications strategy, positioning and messaging for the residential and business portfolios of the company’s service offerings. This candidate will also work with senior leaders, product managers, the broader marketing team and other business units to deliver a world-class communication internally and externally
Here is some of what you will be doing:
- In partnership with the Director of Marketing, develop and implement strategic communications and launch support plans to drive the activities of the Communications team in the development and execution of the strategy/annual plan.
- Drive the creation and delivery of internal and external marketing communication material that is engaging and effective.
- Provide and execute strategic social media, digital channel and press release content that promote and protect the brand.
As part of External Marketing Communications, you will…
- In partnership with the Director of Marketing, develop the strategic plan for external communications; including brand enhancement, stakeholder engagement, product positioning and thought leadership
- Work closely with our PR Agency for press releases, social media campaigns, thought leadership programs and philanthropy efforts
- Manage and work collaboratively with social media agency to create and deliver compelling content, engagement and online customer interactions that enhance and protect brand reputation.
- Create standards for voice, look and feel of Marketing collateral, websites and all outgoing communication materials
- Develop and implement programs to build brand awareness and brand preference across multiple brands
- Provide presentation support for events and programs aimed at external stakeholder audiences
As part of Internal Marketing Communications, you will…
- In partnership with the Director of Marketing, develop the strategic plan for internal communications; including employee engagement, enhanced collaboration and heightened alignment with corporate goals
- Develop and enhance new internal communication programs for the Executive team to increase communications, internal alignment and increase employee engagement.
- Create internal communication processes and vehicles that are highly effective and timely in engaging readership, understanding and alignment.
- Create enthusiastic ambassadors through internal promotion of the corporate brand
Our ideal candidate will have…
- Have 7+ years of interdisciplinary marketing experience in the telecommunications or services/recurring revenue industry
- Have strong experience with delivering compelling external and internal communications
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, an ability to manage multiple priorities and be a strong digital citizen.
- Be analytically inclined – i.e. will understand marketing metrics and how to apply it to identify opportunities and solve problems
- Leverage the broader organization to make marketing communications successful
- Occasional (infrequent) travel between the Distributel offices may be required.
You will need to have the following education and experience…
- University degree or similar experience with 7+ years of experience in Marketing Communications
- Familiar with a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with and exposure to communicating with senior management teams and executives
We are looking for the following skills and aptitudes:
- Bilingual French/English a strong asset
- Effective leadership capabilities to establish Marketing as a valued resource within the organization
- Passionate and committed to operational excellence and employee engagement
- Demonstrates good judgment and able to work independently and within a team
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills and ability to deliver messages to a variety of audiences.
If this sounds exciting and you want to be part of a team who gives their all, APPLY NOW!
· WE LOVE WHAT WE DO
· WE MAKE THINGS HAPPEN
· WE DO WHAT IS RIGHT
· WE CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO
· WE PLAY AS A TEAM
· WE HAVE RELENTLESS CURIOSITY
· WE GIVE OUR ALL
· WE GET IT ALL