At Distributel, our Mission is to make the use and enjoyment of telecom services radically effortless. Every day, we strive to understand, respect and prioritize our customers’ needs. We also take pride in excellent service, business integrity, and innovation. And by constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility and humanize the ways people do business with us, we create a valuable experience in every way.
If our mission interests you, we want to speak with you!
As the Network Implementation Coordinator (NIC), you will support Sales and Network Planning by assessing vendor quotes for a wide range of telecommunications services, submitting orders to vendors, confirming resources internally and from vendors, coordinating order activities through to completion, and confirming billing changes from vendors and to customers. The Network Implementation Coordinator will also manage and coordinate network projects that involve carrier-related requirements and ensure that all network components are managed. Other related duties include forecasting and tracking volumes and costs, reporting on compliance with commitments to vendors, and producing a variety of standard and ad-hoc reports.
Here’s a glimpse of what you will do and what we will accomplish together…
- Coordinate the implementation of telecom services within Distributel’s network or to serve Distributel’s customers. Services include (but are not limited to) TDM-based (e.g. DS-1, DS-3, OC-n), Ethernet-based (E10 to GigE), optical wavelength, network interconnection services and arrangements etc.
- Ticketing: Manage order ticketing queue to ensure that all order requests are actioned accurately, expediently and tracked to completion. This will also involve interfacing with telecom carriers, internal operations and engineering teams, billing and other areas as required.
- Orders: Investigate, validate (using different measures) and submit quotes/orders, manage telecom orders/projects, create business cases for CLEC Expansion, and attend to other network requests.
- Vendor Relations: promptly coordinate orders to vendors to move/change/disconnect existing telecom services. And also negotiate with vendors (as required) on proposed costs and/or due dates/deadlines.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure Distributel’s companies and vendor resources are appropriately assigned, any issues are resolved, and all milestones are met.
- Documentation: Record, track and maintain accurate network documents such as network architecture maps, records of available/existing network capacity and records of utilized network interconnections.
- Research: Gather and use insight from network capacity analysis to recommend capacity increments as needed to meet demand, while avoiding premature and/or excessive costs.
- Tracking & Reporting: Develop, create and contribute to a variety of reports, such as tracking individual vendor performance against commitments, tracking for vendor volumes or value of business, costs etc.
- Project Management is an integral part of this role and the NIC will manage Network carrier-related and internal projects through to completion. The NIC will also ensure all network i.e. Operational, Regulatory, Billing, Costing, Engineering, Carrier and IS etc. components are aligned. The NIC will then review requirements and propose a plan, which once approved, will be managed through to completion.
- In addition, as part of the Project Management duties, the NIC will identify and manage dependencies and critical path as well as changes in scope, identify potential crisis and develop contingency plans.
- Special Assignments: Coordinate and execute other projects within the Service Operations department, such as network expansion to support entry into new markets – i.e. by defining project scope, goals and deliverables with sponsor / stakeholders and communicating project expectations to team members.
- Working Conditions: This role requires cross training and backfill, and occasional busy periods where on short notice, work sharing needs may be required. The successful NIC candidate must have a high tolerance for ambiguity and be able to cope with frequent changes to priorities, customer requirements, vendor performance, resource availability and other extenuating variables.
Here are the computer and software skills you will need…
- MS Office (Excel, Visio, MS Word)
- Carrier provided portals (Bell Business Portal, Zayo Tranzact, Telus TPS etc.) and several internally developed databases (Facilities / Lines / Order tracking / Cerb/RT) etc.
- Familiarity/Strong Experience with ticketing system e.g. Jira, Cerb/RT etc.
Here’s what will make you successful in this role.
- Familiarity with telephony in general, including major service providers in Canada, and classes of telecom services such as TDM, Ethernet and IP.
- Solid Ticketing System knowledge and facility of use an asset
- Meticulous, detail oriented investigator - able to find and correct issues autonomously.
- Time management and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Driven to identify solutions and overcome obstacles to achieve timely, successful implementation.
- Strong “cost awareness” mentality to minimize costs, maximize alignment of costs with revenues, and assist Telecom Billing Analyst with cost tracking and dispute resolution.
- Excellent communication skills and able to use effective oral and written communications to elicit cooperation from a variety of sources, including management, other departments and vendors.
- Introduction to and knowledge of project management tools (desirable / not mandatory)
- College level certification in telecommunications /I.T. (desirable / not mandatory)
Here’s what’s in it for you…
You will experience a wealth of opportunities that only a growing company can offer by joining a dynamic team that’s vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape.
- We have insurance benefits
- A great work environment with organized social events
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- A great downtown location with amazing people on staff
Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
If this sounds exciting and you want to be part of a team that believes in giving their all, APPLY NOW!
· WE LOVE WHAT WE DO
· WE MAKE THINGS HAPPEN
· WE DO WHAT IS RIGHT
· WE CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO
· WE PLAY AS A TEAM
· WE HAVE RELENTLESS CURIOSITY
· WE GIVE OUR ALL
· WE GET IT ALL