At Distributel, our Mission is to make the use and enjoyment of telecom services radically effortless. Every day, we will strive to understand, respect and prioritize our customers’ needs. We take pride in excellent service, business integrity, and innovation. By constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility and humanize the ways people do business with us, we will create a valuable experience in every way.
As a Technical Support Escalation Specialist, you’ll be reporting to the Technical Support Supervisor. You will be responsible for handling tickets marked for escalation to our Carriers and Network Operations Center as well as ensuring their accuracy. They are expected to work cohesively with all other departments of the call centers and provide excellent customer service. You believe and live our Vision, Mission and Values every day.
You'll need to be able to:
- Open, update, examine and close various types of tickets and follow-up with customers in order to resolve technical issues reported by Technical Support Representatives;
- Open, update and close outage reports by communicating to the call-center staff the trends that are being investigated by our carriers. This includes updating our ticketing tools, network status pages and IVR bulletins;
- Act as a reference for all technical questions from agents or other departments in the absence of Supervisors;
- Submit feedback to management regarding the policies and procedures in place based on their daily observations;
- Verify with the Technical Support Supervisors the accuracy and relevance of all documentation concerning ticket escalation;
- Coordinate with other departments and/or carriers when required by the procedure;
- Correct reported mistakes by contracting customers in order to ensure a good resolution of the issue and a good customer service;
- Answer calls escalated by Technical Support Representatives to ensure the troubleshooting templates have been completed and evaluate the need for additional troubleshooting before the escalation to Network Engineers.
Our working conditions are:
- Fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- No day is the same, you may be required to change functions and method of communicating frequently.
- The job requires precise finger/hand movements while working with a keyboard.
- It’s a sedentary role so you’ll be working at your work station for lengthy periods.
- Most importantly we offer a fun and progressive team environment.
What computer skills and Software knowledge are needed?
- Skills: Knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 and MacOSX);
- Software: Internet Browsers, Microsoft Products, Email clients, Proprietary Software (DAS, DistributelTools, VTT, Xrecords and other internal tools).
Your Education and Training:
- Education: High School Diploma;
- Postsecondary studies in a field related to information technology, telecommunications or relevant experience in a related field of work;
- At least six (6) months experience in a Technical Support agent role.
We're looking for the following skills and aptitudes:
- Bilingual in French & English.
- Knowledge of LAN networking basics, Email Servers, Fax, Cable modems, ADSL/VDSL modems, VoIP gateways, Routers, Hubs/Switches, DHCP, PPPoE, NAT, TCP/IP (IPV4/IPV6) and Firewalls;
- Continuous multi-tasking;
- Successful completion of prescribed training.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have brilliant customer service skills.
- Ability to deal with complex situations.
- Possess good inter-personal skills.
- Highly organized.
- Problem solving skills.
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO. WE MAKE THIGS HAPPEN. WE DO WHAT IS RIGHT.WECHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO. WE PLAY AS A TEAM. WE HAVE RELENTLESS CURIOSITY. WE GIVE IT OUR ALL. WE GET IT ALL!
If this sounds exciting and you want to be part of a team that is proud and believes in giving their all, APPLY NOW!