Telecommunication Field Technician – Victoria BC
At Distributel, our mission is to make the use and enjoyment of telecom services (Specifically SIP Trunking and Skype for Business solutions) radically effortless. Every day we will strive to understand, respect and prioritize our customers’ needs. We will take pride in excellent service, business integrity, and innovation. By constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility and humanize the ways people do business with us, we will create a valuable experience in every way. If our mission interests you, we want to speak with you!
Our Telecommuncation Field Technician is responsible for all customer services requests, installation, maintenance, repair and removal of, voice/data equipment, IP services, switching equipment, wireless, etc. in urban, rural offices and buildings. You will also be responsible for all network access and core network equipment requests, installation, maintenance, repair, and removal of, but not limited to, transport, digital switch, wireless, special services network. Includes any type of edge, core or access node as well as backbone and access network elements, whether wired or wireless.
Here’s some more of what you’ll be doing:
- Accountable for daily operations of TNW’s core and leased network in area(s) of assigned responsibility.
- Accountable for the installation, maintenance and commissioning of all telecommunications equipment and services including transmission, multiplex, power and Network Management Systems.
- Cabling including installation of Voice/Data services including installations and maintenance of customer equipment. PBX/PABX and voice support systems definite asset.
- Duties include CPR change out and management, assisting in troubleshooting with customer’s network to IT departments, network audits, security, and proactive maintenance schedules by customers.
- Installation and maintenance of WAN/LAN network equipment, including but not exclusively, routers, firewalls, DSUs, DSL, Ethernet equipment and work stations.
- Monitor surveillance alarms of all transport, voice, data, IP, power and environmental systems.
- Ensures customer service satisfaction by working with key stakeholder groups (e.g. provisioning).
- Performs Control Office functions and responsibilities (tier 1 to tier 3 support, ticket and order management, etc) for the implementation and resolution of network/customer problems.
- Ensures timely and accurate response to all internal and external customer inquiries.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of operation’s metrics to key stakeholders.
- Responsible for keeping informed of current, future and changing technologies related to network operations.
- Perform pre-fields and provide input to Engineers regarding time and materials required for customer premise installs.
- Determines, develops and delivers business solutions, sales strategies and proposals to business customers. Interacts with various departments within TNW to supply customer communications solutions. Contacts assigned customer accounts to sell integrated voice/data/image/wireless.
- Administrative duties such as timely reports on completed work orders, trouble ticket updates, billable maintenance information, and timesheets.
Here are the skills and qualifications you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Technical Diploma in electronics/engineering or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and various software applications.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Journeyman Electrician or Diesel Mechanic Certificate. Would be an asset
Your skills and aptitudes
- Excellent, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Customer focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with others.
- Good mechanical ability.
- Ability to work in a self-directed and/or team environment.
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible
- Results Orientation
- Amazing “CAN DO” attitude!!!
The working conditions for this role
- Responds to call outs and may work alone when called out.
- May be requested to work shifts, some weekends and nights
- Required to lift heavy equipment.
- Overtime may be requested.
- Travel on Vancouver Island and lower mainland
- Will be working indoors and outdoors as required
- Must be certified to work aloft or in confined spaces upon appointment to position.
Here’s what’s in it for you…
Experience a wealth of opportunities that only a growing company can offer by joining a dynamic team that’s vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape.
- We have insurance benefits
- A great work environment with organised social events
- Opportunities for growth & advancement
- A great downtown location and amazing people
Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
If this sounds exciting and you want to be part
of a team that believes in giving their all,
| || |
| || || || |
| || || || || || || || || |