At Distributel, our Mission is to make the use and enjoyment of telecom services radically effortless. Every day, we strive to understand, respect and prioritize our customers’ needs. We take pride in excellent service, business integrity and innovation. By constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility and humanize the ways people do business with us, we create a valuable experience in every way.
As our Business Technical Support Specialist Level 2, you are a self-starter and results oriented. You have superior interpersonal and technical skills to provide telephone and ticket/email support. In this position, you will utilize your expertise to follow processes and troubleshoot client and server related matters. The department is responsible for assisting Business Wholesale, Enterprise Voice over IP, Enterprise Skype for Business and other high priority customers to resolve technical and configuration issues related to the use of ThinkTel provided services. This role requires you to have a strong technical understanding of Windows systems, Skype for Business, Office 365, system administration with VoIP, SIP and Networking knowledge. This role reports to our Business Technical Support Level 2 Supervisor.
HERE’S SOME MORE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Windows and Hyper-V server configuration, deployment, maintenance and administration
- Server backup management and disaster recovery planning
- Multi-tenant Active Directory administration
- NOC monitoring and notifying customers of potential issues
- Using helpdesk ticket systems to ensure consistent communication with the customer
- Remote troubleshooting and support for Office365, HPBX and Skype for Business clients
- Creating technical documentation and applying best practices
- Communication with vendors (HP, DELL, Microsoft, etc.) to resolve technical issues
- Explore opportunities and provide feedback to continuously work towards improving support services to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers’ and clients’ business
- Deliver high-quality service and technical support services accordingly to specified Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Coordinating problem resolution for customers and engaging the appropriate resources (Network Operations, Professional Services, etc.), when necessary
HERE ARE THE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
Your education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Computer Technology and/or 5 years’ equivalent work experience
- Certified Cisco Network Administration (CCNA) or equivalent knowledge
- Microsoft MSCE Communication
- SIP School Certified Associate (SSCA) or equivalent knowledge
- 2-5 years of experience supporting Windows Servers, especially 2008 and higher
- 2-3 years of supporting OCS/Lync/Skype for Business
- 2-3 years of supporting ISCSI SANs is an asset
- Experience with SIP-based VoIP technologies
- Windows Desktop support/helpdesk experience
The skills and characteristics you will bring
- You are passionate! About people, about relationship building, about life in general!
- Curious, you like to challenge the status quo, willing to take ownership and drive continuous improvement;
- You have strong customer handling and troubleshooting skills;
- Someone who wishes to grow their IT career;
- Proactive and creative, you are at ease with decision making and managing multiple priorities;
- Communication is fun and easy for you, both verbally and written;
- English and French is an asset;
- Because you like to share your knowledge with team members as a mentor to help grow their experience and knowledge;
- As a change agent and an ambassador of our values and culture, you will act as an influencer in all your interactions;
- You have experience working with LAN/WAN and Broadband Access network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SIP, DSL, T38 (Fax);
- Have a good understanding of Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365 and Skype for Business.
HERE’S WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU…
Experience a wealth of opportunities that only a growing company can offer by joining a dynamic team that’s vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape.
- We have insurance benefits
- We promote work-life balance
- We provide a great work environment with organized social events
- You’ll have opportunities for growth & development
- We have great downtown locations and amazing people!
Distributel connects Canadians to the people, passion and priorities that matter. Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
If this sounds exciting and you want to be part of a team that believes in giving their all. APPLY NOW!