At Distributel, our Mission is to make the use and enjoyment of telecom services radically effortless. Every day, we strive to understand, respect and prioritize our customers’ needs. We take pride in excellent service, business integrity and innovation. By constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility and humanize the ways people do business with us, we create a valuable experience in every way.
Our Business Technical Support Specialists report to the Business Technical Services Manager. You're a self-starter and results oriented individual. With your superior interpersonal and technical skills, you'll provide telephone and ticket/email support. The department is responsible for assisting Business wholesale and enterprise Voice over IP customers to resolve technical and configuration issues related to the use of ThinkTel provided services.
HERE’S SOME MORE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Delivering high quality service and support to our enterprise, wholesale/resale and commercial business customers via telephone, and ticket / email support.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical solutions for customer issues related to service set-up, configuration of Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) trunks, and other Local Area Network / Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) issues.
- Support and escalate issues by determining the business-critical nature of the problems and delivering support services accordingly.
- Assisting with customer service orders (Moves, Additions, Changes, and Deletions “MACD”), coordinating or escalating with other departments (Sales, Billing, Orders, Ports, and Network Operations) to resolve issues.
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers’ and clients’ business.
- Deliver technical support services accordingly to a specified Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Explore opportunities and provide feedback and continuously work towards improving support services to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Coordinating problem resolution for customers, and engaging Microsoft Office Lync and a skills matrix to locate the appropriate resources (Network Operations, Professional Services, etc.), when necessary.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
Your education and Experience
- Post-secondary education or 2 years of experience in a technical support troubleshooting role
- Certified Cisco Network Administration (CCNA) or equivalent knowledge
- SIP School Certified Associate (SSCA) or equivalent knowledge
- Experience with SIP-based VoIP technologies
- Microsoft Office Suite, MS Windows, Linux and other Operating Systems
- Protocal Analyzers, commercial and inhouse Voice over IP (VoIP) test tools
The skills and characteristics you will bring
- You are passionate! About people, about relationship building, about life in general!
- Curious, you like to challenge the status quo, willing to take ownership and drive continuous improvement;
- You have strong customer handling and troubleshooting skills;
- Proactive and creative, you are at ease with working under pressure and managing multiple priorities;
- Communication is fun and easy for you, both verbally and written;
- English and French are an asset;
- Because you like to share your knowledge with team members as a mentor to help grow their experience and knowledge;
- As a change agent and an ambassador of our values and culture, you will act as an influencer in all your interactions;
- You have experience working with LAN/WAN and Broadband Access network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SIP, DSL, T38 (Fax).
HERE’S WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU…
Experience a wealth of opportunities that only a growing company can offer by joining a dynamic team that’s vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape.
- We have insurance benefits
- We promote work-life balance
- We provide a great work environment with organized social events
- You’ll have opportunities for growth & development
- We have great downtown locations and amazing people!
Distributel connects Canadians to the people, passion and priorities that matter. Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
If this sounds exciting and you want to be part of a team that believes in giving their all. APPLY NOW!