Accountant – Toronto
At Distributel, our Mission is to make the use and enjoyment of telecom services radically effortless. Every day, we will strive to understand, respect and prioritize our customers’ needs. We take pride in excellent service, business integrity, and innovation. By constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility and humanize the ways people do business with us, we will create a valuable experience in every way.
Reporting to our Controller, as our Accountant you will play a critical role in ensuring our day to day and month to month functions are completed to the highest standards. As a conscientious self-starter, you will be maintaining our sub-ledger and reconciling to the general ledger and be responsible for the preparation of reports and reconciliations.
HERE’S SOME OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Build strong relationships with internal clients.
- Plan, assign and review work of Accounts Payable Coordinator and Accounts Payable Administrator
- Obtain, summarize, record and analyze CoGS and SG&A expenses, and post them in AccPac accounting system; ensure that all transactions are accounted for accurately
- Support Month-End and Year-End process
- Perform variance analyses and prepare account reconciliations
- Estimate and record accruals for missing CoGS, rebates, and SG&A bills
- Coordinate activities with other work units or departments.
- Prepare payments:
- Print approved cheques
- Prepare wire transfers
- Proactively identify potential accounting issues and elevate
- Manage difficult complex billing
HERE ARE THE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
Your Education and Experience
- 10 years of accounting experience
- University degree (B.Com) certificate in accounting or equivalent experience preferred
- Accounting Standards
- Canadian Taxes
- Cost Accounting Advance use of Excel and MS Office
- AccPac or similar ERP knowledge and experience required
Here are some of The skills and characteristics you will bring to this role
- You’re driven by the need for accuracy and attention to detail
- You’re analytical with excellent problem-solving skills- We challenge the status quo and encourage finding ways to make things easier
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual considered an asset
- You thrive in a face paced environment with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadling
- You believe in working as a team and in supporting and coaching your team.
HERE’S WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU…
- Experience a wealth of opportunities that only a growing company can offer by joining a dynamic team that’s vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape.
- We have insurance benefits
- We promote work-life balance
- We provide a great work environment with organized social events
- You’ll have opportunities for growth & development
- We have great downtown locations and amazing people!
Distributel connects Canadians to the people, passion, and priorities that matter. Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
If this sounds exciting and you want to be part of a team that believes in giving their all, APPLY NOW!