Accounts Receivable Administrator
* Bilingual French and English
At Distributel, our Mission is to make the use and enjoyment of telecom services radically effortless. Every day, we will strive to understand, respect and prioritize our customers’ needs. We take pride in excellent service, business integrity, and innovation. By constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility and humanize the ways people do business with us, we will create a valuable experience in every way.
Reporting to our Manager, Credit and Collections, as our Accounts Receivable Administrator you’ll be responsible for improving cash flow by coordinating, driving, and escalating all collection activities for designated areas of responsibility in a timely manner. You’ll be performing a variety of credit/collection duties by assessing credit risk and negotiating with external customers to successfully resolve past due account balances and to create reports on collections status.
HERE’S SOME MORE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Minimize credit risk by utilizing internal tools (billing systems and payment history etc.) and external resources (credit reporting agencies and references).
- Reviews and assesses credit status related to pending sales.
- Release approved sales orders to Service Delivery or escalates denials to appropriate parties.
- Manages weekly aging reports and establishes collection efforts for past due accounts.
- Contacts customers and negotiates payment arrangements.
- Suspends/Terminates services with delinquent customers.
- Write-off uncollectible account balances and provides any necessary information to the Finance
- Research and resolve disputes to correct aging accounts.
- Release payment information to Accounts Receivable/Billing Dept.
- Maintain metrics of collection efforts and update standard reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
Your Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 4-5 years experience in credit/collections role.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
Here are some of The skills and characteristics you will bring to this role:
- You’re driven by the need for accuracy and attention to detail
- You’re analytical with excellent problem-solving skills- We challenge the status quo and encourage finding ways to make things easier
- Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills will ensure you will always handle customer contact with tact, diplomacy, and courtesy at all times.
- You’re highly organized and able to multi-task effectively.
- You like to get things done and are persistent in making sure they do
- Being someone who is self-directed you’re not afraid to take the initiative
- You thrive working under pressure and are flexible to meet our changing needs.
- Being bilingual is a huge advantage
HERE’S WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU…
Experience a wealth of opportunities that only a growing company can offer by joining a dynamic team that’s vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape.
- We have insurance benefits
- We promote work-life balance
- We provide a great work environment with organized social events
- You’ll have opportunities for growth & development
- We have great downtown locations and amazing people!
Distributel connects Canadians to the people, passion, and priorities that matter. Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
If this sounds exciting and you want to be partof a team that believes in giving their all, APPLY TODAY!