At Distributel, our Mission is to make the use and enjoyment of telecom services radically effortless. Every day, we strive to understand, respect and prioritize our customers’ needs. We take pride in excellent service, business integrity and innovation. By constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility and humanize the ways people do business with us, we create a valuable experience in every way.
As a Bilingual Technical Support Escalation Specialist, you’ll be reporting to the Technical Support Supervisor. You will be responsible for handling tickets marked for escalation to our Carriers and Network Operations Center as well as ensuring their accuracy. They are expected to work cohesively with all other departments of the call centers and provide excellent customer service. You believe and live our Vision, Mission and Values every day.
HERE’S SOME MORE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Open, update, examine and close various types of tickets and follow-up with customers in order to resolve technical issues reported by Technical Support Specialist;
- Open, update and close outage reports by communicating to the call-center staff the trends that are being investigated by our carriers. This includes updating our ticketing tools, network status pages and IVR bulletins;
- Act as a reference for all technical questions from agents or other departments in the absence of Supervisors;
- Submit feedback to management regarding the policies and procedures in place based on their daily observations;
- Verify with the Technical Support Supervisors the accuracy and relevance of all documentation concerning ticket escalation;
- Coordinate with other departments and/or carriers when required by the procedure;
- Correct reported mistakes by contracting customers in order to ensure a good resolution of the issue and a good customer service;
- Answer calls escalated by Technical Support Specialist to ensure the troubleshooting templates have been completed and evaluate the need for additional troubleshooting before the escalation to Network Engineers.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
Your Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, post-secondary studies in a field related to information technology, telecommunications or relevant experience in a related field of work;
- At least six (6) months experience in a Technical Support agent role
- Skills: Knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 and MacOSX);
- Software: Internet Browsers, Microsoft Products, Email clients, Proprietary Software (DAS, DistributelTools, VTT, Xrecords and other internal tools).
The Skills and Charateristics you will bring
- You are passionate! About people, about relationship building, about life in general!
- Curious, you like to challenge the status quo, willing to take ownership and drive continuous improvement;
- You have strong customer handling and organizational skills;
- Proactive and creative, you are at ease with decision making and managing multiple priorities;
- Communication is fun and easy for you, verbally and written in both English & French is required;
- You have experience working with LAN networking basics, Email Servers, Fax, Cable modems, ADSL/VDSL modems, VoIP gateways, Routers, Hubs/Switches, DHCP, PPPoE, NAT, TCP/IP (IPV4/IPV6) and Firewalls;
- Because you like to share your knowledge with team members, you’ll be a valuable team player. After all, WE PLAY AS A TEAM!
HERE’S WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU…
Experience a wealth of opportunities that only a growing company can offer by joining a dynamic team that’s vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape;
- We have insurance benefits;
- We promote work-life balance;
- We provide a great work environment with organized social events;
- You’ll have opportunities for growth & development;
- We have great downtown locations and amazing people!
Distributel connects Canadians to the people, passion and priorities that matter. Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
If this sounds exciting and you want to be partof a team that believes in giving their all, APPPLY NOW!