At Distributel, our Mission is to make the use and enjoyment of telecom services radically effortless. Every day, we strive to understand, respect and prioritize our customers’ needs. We take pride in excellent service, business integrity and innovation. By constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility and humanize the ways people do business with us, we create a valuable experience in every way.
The Senior Web Designer is responsible for the vision, development and management of the websites and digital assets that support the marketing function. The Senior Web Designer role is within the Marketing function and has one direct report, a Web Specialist.
HERE IS MORE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Provide the strategic vision for the full website experience with emphasis on best-in-class user experience and customer experience.
- Be the website thought leader by creating the website vision, creating wireframes and project managing the creation, testing and go live of the new site, new tools or section additions.
- Outline the short-term and mid-term website roadmap and ensure its timely implementation.
- Deliver product and services according to the road map by engaging effectively with business stakeholders and coordinating the efforts of team members, third-parties and vendors.
- Be the thought leader for digital assets that drive leads, sales conversion and customer engagement.
- Translate business vision into systems strategies by driving the architecture, design and implementation of our next generation digital environment including platform enhancements and marketing solutions.
- Take ownership of all development projects and current digital systems in the Marketing function.
- This position will work with members of Marketing, Operations and Systems groups in defining deliverables across systems and processes.
- Lead the Web Specialist outlining key priorities and providing support to ensure they are successful in completing key projects.
- Complete backend and frontend ownership of all consumer and business brand websites and landing pages
- Understand best practice processes and align technology solutions to optimize those processes across the business
- Create and leverage detailed performance measurements to identify and enhance impact of digital properties including UI and UX enhancements
- Lead ongoing best practices and high impact SEO activities associated with digital properties
- Lead solution evaluations with appropriate stakeholders to define business, functional, and technical requirements to ensure tools and systems effectively enable Marketing operations
- Pursue the most innovative and cost-effective online solutions (mobile, social, web and eCommerce) to meet business needs
HERE ARE THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 5-7+ years’ experience managing website technology
- 5-7+ years’ experience integrating marketing technology with enterprise applications
- 5-7+ years’ system configuration and administration experience
- Knowledge of digital landscape, data and integration platforms, object-oriented programming and web application development
- Knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in marketing technology
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience managing a direct report
- Technical project management experience
- Strong leadership skills managing business initiatives and cross-functional teams
- Experience with self-service integration tools, APIs, etc.
- Familiarity with consuming web services
- NET, PHP, Java or related development experience
- Linux or Windows web server administration
HERE’S WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU…
Experience a wealth of opportunities that only a growing company can offer by joining a dynamic team that’s vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape.
- We have insurance benefits
- We promote work-life balance
- We provide a great work environment with organized social events
- You’ll have opportunities for growth & development
- We have great downtown locations and amazing people!
Distributel connects Canadians to the people, passion and priorities that matter. Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
If this sounds exciting and you wan to be part of a team that believes in giving their all, APPLY NOW!